How To Prepare Your Windows For The Summers?
1) Lock your windows. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it’s important to keep your windows locked tightly, especially if they’re on the lower levels of your home.
2) Inspect your windows for drafts and cracks. You can do this by running your hands along the edges of the windows or by holding a candle near the window and looking for where the flame flickers. If you find any drafts or cracks, you’ll need to seal them up.
3) Consider installing storm windows. Storm windows are an extra layer of insulation that can help keep the heat out of your home during the summer.
5) Use thermal curtains. Thermal curtains are made of a thick, dark fabric that can help block out the sun’s heat.
6) Get professional help. Learn How to prepare your windows for the summer. If you’re uncomfortable inspecting or sealing your windows, you can always hire a professional to do it for you.
Here are some additional tips from Absolute Glass:
1) If you have single-pane windows, consider replacing them with double-pane windows. Double-pane windows provide better insulation and help keep your home cooler in the summer.
2) If you have older windows, they may need to be more energy efficient. Consider having them inspected by a professional to see if they need to be replaced.
3) If you have any questions about how to prepare your windows for the summer, contact Absolute Glass. They can help you assess your windows and recommend the best action.
Following these tips can help keep your home cool and comfortable during the summer months.